The non-for-profit Organization QualityNet Foundation, the Network of Responsible Organisations and Active Citizens, establishes this year the Sustainability Awards ‘Bravo’, in order to reward the Greek organizations (private enterprises, Non-Governmental Organizations, government bodies) which have successfully adopted systematic action and communication methods of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development in their operations.
The establishment of the Sustainability Awards constitutes a milestone in the field of Sustainable Development, as it introduces significant innovations to the Greek reality:
- It opens up for the first time a stakeholder dialogue on issues of sustainable development, which is based upon reporting and involves in the evaluation procedure representatives of both the public and private sector such as public authorities, Non-Governmental Organizations, the mass Media, the academic community, various associations, institutional investors and the broader civil society.
- It is broad in nature, given that the evaluation procedure involves all organizations which have adopted and implemented consistent Social Responsibility strategies.
- It is transparent, given that the evaluation procedure is checked and certified by a third party and involves a wide range of participants.
- It is independent, as the initiative itself does not rely on any funding other than the communication sponsors for the awards ceremony.
- It is legitimate, given that the evaluation criteria are developed by an independent Scientific Committee comprised of reputable members of the market and presided by QualityNet Foundation whereas the accuracy and consistency of the procedure is certified by a reliable auditing firm.
- It is well adapted to the Greek standards so as to reflect the responsible operations of the Greek organizations.
- It has a national character, given that it is implemented under the auspices of a wide range of public authorities.
- It is based on the principles and the requirements of the instructions provided by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
The Sustainability Awards shall begin in 2010 with the Sustainable Reporting Awards.